In this article, I use Students list where Branch is one of the metadata. I add it in a web part on a page where I also add a Choice Filter web part.
In the Choice Filter web part, I can add the same Branch alternatives as in the Students list. Therefore, when I connect the two web parts users can select a Branch in one web part and see all Students in that Branch displayed in the other web part.
- Create Branches and Students List.
- Click on the site settings icon and click on ‘Add a page’.
- Give the desired page name and click on Create. The new page opens in Edit mode.
- Click on Insert ribbon and add Student List on page
- Click on Insert ribbon tab and insert Choice Filter web part
- Select Choice filter web part and click on web part property and type Each Choice as I have choice IT, CS, EC and click ok
- Again edit web part and click on Connection=>Send Filter Values To=>Students
- Click on Students and a pop up will be open and in dropdown select Get filter values from and click configure.
- In connection settings, Select consumer field Name select Branch Name and click finish button.
- Now save the page and click on filter web part and select any branch
- In below screen is your output