Creation of a Project Web App Site in Project Server 2013
In my previous post, I have explained how to create SharePoint site collection. Now in this post, I will describe Creation of a Project Web App Site in Project Server 2013.
MS extends the capabilities of Microsoft Project with Project Server and Project Web App (PWA, formerly Project Web Access). Microsoft Project Server save project complete information in a central MS SQL Server DB, protected from corruption and unauthorized access. A Project Administrator can define users, access rights, and control security.
In this post, I am going to create PWA site on the web application which I have created in the previous post.
Creation of a Project Web App Site in Project Server 2013:-
Steps to Creation of a Project Web App Site in Project Server 2013 are listed below.
- Go to Application Management, and click on “Manage service applications”.
- Click on Project Server Service Application.
- Click Create Project Web App Instance.
- Change the web application, on which you want to create PWA site.
- Enter/Change the Project Web App database name (make sure your database server name exists in the text box of the Database server).
- Click Ok.
- Check the status (should wait for provisioned).
- Open the PWA site with URL.
- This is the PWA site.
- Go to PWA settings.
- The “Security” tab is missing, which is useful to create users, groups, etc., to share the site.
- For this, we need to execute some Power Shell commands. The below pic shows all the commands which are to be executed.
- Now you are able to see the “Security” tab in PWA settings. How to show security tab in your settings page as described in this post Change Project Permission Mode in project server 2013
These are the steps to create SharePoint Site Collection and Project Web App Site…
Cheers, Happy SharePoint(ing)…….
Next post, we will see how to create SharePoint site collection and PWA site using PowerShell…..