Create Content Type in SharePoint
In this post, I will describe you how to Create Content Type and site column in SharePoint 2013.Before to create site columns and content type, I will describe you-you about site columns and content type.[AdSense-A]
A site column is a reusable column template, or definition, that you can assign to multiple lists across multiple SharePoint sites. We will see how we achieve this.You can create a content type without site columns or with site columns.
- Go to your Site settings and click on site columns in the section of “Web designer Galleries”.Click on create a site column, screenshot will appear below.
- I am using “Employee Management” as a group.I created 4 columns Employee Salary, Employee Department, Employee Code.[AdSense-A]
for the brief follow my previous post What is site column and how to create
Content Type is the way how to organize the data and persisting it and entire editing experience is a great thing in SharePoint.we will create content Types to manage the content.
Steps to create the content type
Go to your [Site settings] and click on site content types in the section of “Web designer Galleries”.
- Fill all the required fields. Below is a screenshot.[AdSense-A]
- Fill the fields and create it, you will see the screen below
- Click “Add from existing site columns” hyperlink shown on the page. Select columns and add in the content type.[AdSense-A]
List Using Content Types:[AdSense-A]
We will create a SharePoint list and the list will attach the above content Type.
- Click on Site contents [add an app], to Create a list.
- Here we are creating a SharePoint list called Employee Management to store the employee related information.
- Now you click on “Allow from existing site content types”.[AdSense-A]
- Now select the content type and add it which I have created yet.