How to Create a SharePoint Web and Site Collection
Create a SharePoint Site Collection in SharePoint
SharePoint Site Collection, name implies, the collection of SharePoint Sites. every site collection contains a single top-level site and sub sites.
In the image above, each blue box is a separate sub site, while all of the boxes combined make up a site collection.
Creation of SharePoint site collection, we need to create one web application. In this web application, we can create SharePoint site collection. So first we will see how to create a web application in SharePoint.
Creation of Web Application in SharePoint:-
- Open SharePoint central administration.
- Click on “Application Management”.
- Under Web Application section select “Manage web applications”.
- In ribbon tab clicks “New”.
- A new window will open with the name “Create New Web Application”.
- Change the port number, here I am using port number as 90.
- Change the database name (if required), I am changing the database name to WSS_Content_90 (make sure your database server name exists in the text box of the Database server).
- Then click “Ok”.
- The new Web Application was created.
Create a SharePoint Site Collection in SharePoint:-
Steps to Create a SharePoint Site Collection in SharePoint are listed below.
- Go to Application Management, and click on “Create site collections”.
- Change the web application where you want to create the site collection.
- Enter the Title of your site collection.
- Select the Template, here I am selecting Team Site.
- Enter the user name i.e, site collection administrator.
- Clock Ok.
- Your Top-Level site collection has been created.
- Open your site collection.
This is the way to create a new site collection…..
Cheers…. Happy SharePoint(ing)……
Next post we will see how to create Project Web Application site………