In the previous demo, I showed a way to connect web parts to let users select a Branch and see all Students from that Branch.In this article, I will show how to connect the same Students list to a Branches list app part. The result lets users click on a Branch to see all Students from that Branch.
Connect app parts to show filter choices by clicking
- Click on the settings gear and select ‘Add a page’.
- Give the desired page name and click on Create. The page will open in Edit mode.
- Click on the Text Layout button under the FORMAT TEXT tab and select two columns.
- In the first column add Branches app part and the second column add Students app part
- Edit the Branches app part.
- Expand the accordion in the top right corner of Branches list app part and select Connections >Send Row of Data To >Students.
- In the pop-up dialog, select ‘Get Filter Values From’.
- Now Click on Configure.
- Connect the Branch field in the Provider to the Branch Name field in the Consumer.
- Click on Finish and then Apply and save the page.Below is your result.